June 9–11 2016, Palacký University Olomouc, Czech Republic
Abstract submission deadline (extended): 24 January 2016
Notification of acceptance: 15 March 2016
Early registration deadline (50 EUR): 1 May 2016
Standard registration deadline (60 EUR): 1 June 2016
Conference: 9 – 11 June 2016
Papers and posters
We welcome proposals for oral presentations and posters in the form of abstracts related to the general topic and/or a workshop topic. Abstract submission guidelines are given below. Poster sessions will be an integral part of the conference program. The language of the conference is English. All abstract submissions will be anonymously reviewed by an international committee of linguists.
Thu. 9th June: Quantitative Methods within Linguistics
chaired by Martina Benešová (Palacký University Olomouc, Czech Republic).
Sat. 11 June: Categorial features of Nouns and their projections
organized by Ivona Kučerová (McMaster University, Canada).
Sat. 11 June: Use of Parallel Corpora: Research and Applications.
Details here (.pdf). Convenors: Anna Čermáková (Charles University), Markéta Janebová (Palacký University), Michaela Martinková (Palacký University).
For authors of accepted oral presentations (or two co-authors), we can reserve economical accommodation for up to four nights in shared rooms (shared WC and shower facilities) in a university dormitory (within walking distance of the conference venue). More information to be made available below.
Revised abstracts submission
Abstracts of oral presentations and posters need to comply with the following guidelines:
1. Format. Please use one of the prepared templates:
The revised abstract, with the title included, must be written in Times New Roman 12 point font, with 2.5 cm margins on all sides. Please limit the formatting to a minimum. The revised abstract must include the authors’ names, affiliations, and email addresses.
2. Length. The text of the abstract should be two pages long maximum. Any exceeding material will be deleted.
3. Acceptable file format. The abstract should be submitted both as a PDF file and an editable Word or Open Office file. Please make sure that all fonts are embedded in the file.
4. Submission. Revised abstracts should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state “Olinco 2016 submission number XX” as the subject of the email, and use the surname of the first author, the submission number, and the first few words of the title as the file name (e.g., Gold_123_Using universal dependencies.doc).
Submission deadline: 18 April, 2016.
Board of reviewers (Olinco 2014 and 2016)
Early-bird – registration and payment made by 1 May, 2016:
50 EUR / 1300 CZK *
Standard – registration and payment made by 1 June, 2016:
60 EUR / 1600 CZK
The registration fee includes: admission to the conference (June 9–11, 2016), delegate’s package and badge, welcome party (June 9, 2016), guided tour of Olomouc (June 9, 2016), coffee breaks, and conference dinner (June 10, 2016).
Registration cancellation policy: Cancellations will not be refunded.
Registration of non-presenting participants: We accept non-presenting participants until filled to capacity. The above-stated fees apply. Registration after June 1 may be possible but we cannot guarantee all that is covered by standard registration.
The payment is to be made by bank transfer. (You will recieve detailed instructions in the registration confirmation email. Note that any charges for bank transfer must be covered by the payer.)
Unfortunately, payment by credit/debit card is not technically possible.
* Since extra charges may apply for international bank transfer, we also provide the possibility ONLY to participants from outside the Czech Republic who register by 1 May 2016 to pay at the registration desk upon arrival with the registration fee at the early-bird level (1300 CZK). Please note we will accept this payment only in cash and in CZK.
Have you attended the latest OLINCO conference? Would you like to share a few lines about your experience? This is the place to do it!
Olinco 2014 keynotes video recordings
Information for presenters
The Czech koruna (CZK or Kč) is the official currency in the Czech Republic. The approximate exchange rate (as of 10 March 2016) is 27.05 CZK to a Euro and 24.65 CZK to a US Dollar. Exchange rates for all major currencies are available here.
Czech sockets are standard European sockets CEE 7/5, with a voltage of 230 V/50Hz. All visitors coming from countries using appliances/plugs that do not work with such sockets/voltages (e.g. USA, UK) are advised to bring adapters.
Czech mobile phone operators use both of the two standard European GSM bands, 1800 and 900 MHz. All European mobile phones will work without problems but visitors from the US may need a tri-band phone.
The country calling code for the Czech Republic is +420.
Czech Republic has a temperate continental climate, with temperatures averaging 17°C during the day in early June. Worst comes to worst, a raincoat or an umbrella may be of some use. Current forecast is available here.
Previous Olinco conferences: